List:       pam-list
Subject:    Samba: wbinfo -I not responding
From:       Ajay Chaturvedi <AjayC () infomaticsind ! com>
Date:       2002-09-13 10:24:30

Hello,

has any one used wbinfo -I of samba before?

It was working fine for me but suddenly it has stopped working.

when i start my winbindd from /usr/local/samba/bin it works, i check it by
ps -ae | grep winbindd

But when i issue a wbinfo -u i get following error message:
"Error looking up domain users"

for

wbinfo -p
"`ping` to winbindd failed
could not ping winbindd!"

I was using wbinfo -I and smbclient -M without any problems till yesterday.
I dont know what has suddenly gone wrong.
Note:
ps -ae | grep winbindd works fine.

Very URGENT help required

ajay