List:       pam-list
Subject:    pam_mkhomedir not copying everything in /etc/skel
From:       Warwick Chapman <budgee () theespot ! co ! za>
Date:       2002-01-28 15:37:45

Howdy

I dunnow if I need to subscribe somewhere, if I do, could someone let me know
at budgee@theespot.co.za - so I can follow this thread.

I have placed a copy of a "user profile" as such in the /etc/skel - it is a
copy of the configuration files and some necessary directories from another
user's homedir. I checked that the permissions on the new /etc/skel were the
same as were on original.

The following is the inconsistency:

If I create a user with 'adduser username' - the entire /etc/skel is copied.
If I then delete that user's homedir and log in again so pam_mkhomedir
creates the homedir, only 803k of abour 2.2m is copied. The .bash* files are
not copied, but the '.kde' (permissions: 755) directory is. The empty 'mail'
(permissions: 755) directory is copied, but a 300kb .png file (permissions:
655) is not? And so on and so on, except that I'll soon run out of things
that were copied.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Linux-Mandrake 8.1 (2.4.8)
pam-0.75

Thanks
Budgee