List:       pam-list
Subject:    pam_get_item RHOST not working
From:       Abdallah Ghassan <ang_lists () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-25 18:04:49

Hello list,

I am using pam (pam_ldap or otherwise) to authenticate
my pop/imap users. the problem is that I need to
authenticate 2 groups of users, the first needs to
check their mail from anywhere, the other group is
only allowed to check their mail from the local
network.

I tried many things, but pam seems to ignore the
account management part all together, or so it seems.
Finaly I am trying to use pam_listfile with a
restriction to item=RHOST and apply=@localgroup. This
does not seem to work. pam_listfile is an auth module.

Looking at the loggs it looks like pam has no idea
whatsoever about the RHOST entry.

does POP/IMAP give pam any information on where the
client is connecting from? if not, is there any other
solution?

thank you