List:       packetfence-users
Subject:    [PacketFence-users] DNS fails in cluster
From:       Daniel Zook via PacketFence-users <packetfence-users () lists ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2024-04-30 15:19:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I have a working packetfence cluster and everything seems to be setup and
working fine except that when a guest connects on the Registration VLAN,
DNS fails.  It acts as if there is a firewall blocking it, or there is no
service listening.

If I stop IPTables on one or more cluster members, DNS starts working
again.  Unfortunately, PacketFence somehow restarts IPTables after a period
of time even if I set it to "disabled" (and DNS fails to work again.)

What do I need to do to prevent IPTables from running so that DNS keeps
working on the Registration network?

Thanks in advance for your help.