List:       packetfence-users
Subject:    Re: [PacketFence-users] Smallest system(s) working for a small network
From:       Chris Vogel via PacketFence-users <packetfence-users () lists ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2024-03-14 8:48:39

Hey,

Am 29.01.24 um 17:30 schrieb Chris Vogel via PacketFence-users:
> I'm wondering what would be the smallest hardware that leads to a usable
> setup for a small network.

My question partly aimed at a possible learning/demonstration setup.

To have some learning environment I now set up an Odroid H3 with 16GB
RAM and two SSD connected. The SSDs are configured as Software RAID 1
for a swap partition and a btrfs RAID 1 partition for the root
filesystem (giving me the option to snapshot once in a while to be able
to role back to a working configuration).

So far it looks like it works o.k. Some operations seem to need a little
longer than on a well dimensioned virtual machine, but all together it
seems perfect: no noisy fan, 6 network interfaces in case I want to try
something wild.

Chris

--
Matrix packetfence room (unofficial):