List:       packet-writing
Subject:    Re: First Time User
From:       Francesco Borghesan <francescoborghesan () inwind ! it>
Date:       2006-02-18 22:17:34

Well, do you want to use a dvd-ram but with udf? I think it's unuseful. Use a
dvd+rw, build on it a udf filesystem and I think you should have the same
situation and you spend less money for a dvd.
To do this give this commands:

        # dvd+rw-format /dev/hdc   (only needed if the disc has never
                             been formatted)
 # mkudffs /dev/hdc
 # mount /dev/hdc /cdrom -t udf -o rw,noatime

The same should be with a dvd-ram ("should" because I haven't a dvd-ram
recorder and so I haven't tried)
Anyway firstly try not to do anything to your dvd-ram. Mount it with

# mount /dev/hdc /cdrom -t udf -o rw,noatime
(change the options if necessary of course)

And try to copy a file on it. Let me know.

Bye
Francesco

P.S. To all the list: As reguard my problems I've upgraded my kernel, the
udftools were the last but nothing changed. I've built a udf file system on a
dvd+rw without using the pktcdvd driver but when I copy a file on it the led
starts but doesn't stop to be on. I was bored to try to solve the problem and
so I didn't do more experiments. However anyone has a philps 1628 K to know
if it's the dvd writer to be wrong?