List:       packet-writing
Subject:    How to burn UDF files
From:       Stephen Liu <satimis () writeme ! com>
Date:       2002-09-20 1:28:57

Hi All Folks,

I just join this list and package writing/reading in Linux environment
is completely new to me

Has any folk on the list having experience in installing and using the
udf packages from "souceforge"

I have them installed but don't know how to proceed.  Nor have any idea
whether there are mistakes committed during installationn.

Hereinafter is my tests

RH7.3
=====
KOnCD and Xcdroast work properly.

Tests performed as follows:
====================
Have following packages downloaded

udf-0.9.6.tar.gz udftools-1.0.0b2.tar.gz

and saved them to /tmp/UDF

# cd /tmp/UDF/
# tar -zxvf udf-0.9.6.tar.gz

# cd /tmp/UDF/udf-0.9.6
[root@localhost udf-0.9.6]# ./configure;make udf.o;make install;make patch
- snip -
Extracting kernel symbol versions...
Kernel configuration options:
Symmetric multiprocessing support is disabled.
Max physical memory in MB is 1024
Advanced Power Management (APM) support is disabled.
Networking support is enabled.
Module version checking is enabled.
/usr/src/linux/include/asm does not exist!
To fix, do 'ln -s asm-i386 asm' in /usr/src/linux/include.
make: *** [.prereq.ok] Error 1

# cd /
# depmod -a
# modprobe udf

cd /tmp/UDF
[root@localhost UDF]# tar -zxvf udftools-1.0.0b2.tar.gz

# cd udftools-1.0.0b2/

[root@localhost udftools-1.0.0b2]# ./configure;make; make install

Went through without complaint

Insert a blank new CD-RW to CDWriter

AS ROOT (super root)
# mount -t udf /dev/scd0 /mnt
mount: block device /dev/scd0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/scd0,
or too many mounted file systems

# mount -t udf -o loop image /mnt
image: No such file or directory

Kindly shed me some light and advise whether I can operate this software
in graphic mode

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu