List:       packet-writing
Subject:    Re: [packet-writing] test with hp8100
From:       Mark Vytlacil <markvyt () home ! com>
Date:       2001-03-16 23:40:05

Ben Fennema wrote:
> > Mar 15 22:16:02 theDesk kernel: UDF-fs INFO UDF 0.9.1 (2000/02/29)
> > Mounting volume '', timestamp 2001/03/15 21:54 (1ed4)
>
> Old enough UDF version =)

:) I took the tools from 0.9.3, but I never thought about the kernel
module.

> > # ls /mnt
> > lost+found
> >

> Actually, just doing a ls updates the atime, which marks the inode as dirty.
> So eventually a write will occur. =)

I'll bet just mounting makes the superblock dirty too, which is maybe
why it crashed again when I just mounted the disc and messed with my
emacs. UDF does have a superblock doesn't it? I am going to have to
study up, if I am going to be any help here.

Mark
--
     There are trivial truths and the great truths.
     The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false.