List:       owncloud
Subject:    Re: [owncloud-user] Owncloud 7.0.4 and Iphone Contacts
From:       Charles Curley <charlescurley () charlescurley ! com>
Date:       2015-12-28 14:27:56

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 01:38:43 -0700 (MST)
Chris <fisch.666@gmx.de> wrote:

> Anyway, that doesn't matter here. The issue of the OP might be
> resolved if he is using recent versions of oC.

I gave it a try.
https://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/8.2/owncloud/

I upgraded rather than do a fresh install. The first time I tried to
log in the program asked to create a new administrator account,
suggesting that it was not going to carry over the data from the old
installation.

However, it insisted on continually asking for the password for the
user account I had created with the old installation. I finally hit
"cancel" on the password popup. That user is now gone. So I conjecture
that the upgrade tried to carry the data over, but failed.

Also, I am concerned that the regular updates aren't in the regular
Debian repos.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV