List:       owncloud
Subject:    Re: [owncloud-user] fail to open calc documents with OC 8.2
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-12-20 16:09:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 20 December 2015 13:36:43 marcos wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was looking more about it and seems that really is more than only a
> app. Not appears when they calculate to finish the integration with
> libreoffice-online, but probably in next versions will be included. When
> you installs simply you need to install libreoffice too, to have the
> option to work with docs, but this project is more complet, having only
> the problem to be compiled, and for end users this is a wall.
>
> https://owncloud.org/blog/libreoffice-online-has-arrived-in-owncloud/
>
> Exist any release calendar?

As it requires another application to be installed, it can't really be part of
ownCloud itself. The ownCloud app part of this makes it easy to integrate
LibreOffice Online but you have to have that installed and working first. And it
is still quite experimental so don't count on being able to use it in any
serious business use for at least 6 months, if not more.

Unlike the LibreOffice tool, the ownCloud Documents app can be installed with a
simple click so it will most likely stay around. Different capabilities,
different use case...

> Thanks!
>
> GPG Public Key 0x0C05942A895BD10E
> Fingerprint 45B9 EC0B 58D5 B17C 8C37 95C3 0C05 942A 895B D10E
>
> El 20/12/15 a las 01:07, Chris escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> In this case, how can we propose to replace the core feature to this
> >
> > new?
> >
> > the documents app is not a core feature but an app which needs to be
> > installed via the appstore. This is also valid for that new app so nothing
> > needs to be replaced.
> >

> > --

Disclaimer:
find me on blog.jospoortvliet.com