List:       owncloud
Subject:    Re: [owncloud-user] Symbolic links
From:       peter () chubb ! wattle ! id ! au
Date:       2015-10-22 22:06:37

>>>>> "Urbani," == Urbani, Edmund <edmund.urbani@lilandit.com> writes:

Urbani,> I am using owncloud (Linux version 2.1) to synchronize a
Urbani,> directory tree with symbolic links in it, and I had hoped
Urbani,> that these same links would show up on another Linux client
Urbani,> (currently still version 1.8). Instead they are completely
Urbani,> ignored and do not appear on the server (web UI) at
Urbani,> all. Aside from that synchronization between the two clients
Urbani,> works fine and all regular files and directories show up as
Urbani,> they should.

Symlinks work for me, providing the object pointed to by the sylink is
readable by www-data (the user the webserver runs as).

Urbani> Also note that these are relative links pointing at other items
Urbani> inside the synchronized tree.

This also works for me, providing they are relative symbolic links.

PeterC