List:       owncloud
Subject:    Re: [owncloud-user] ownCloud 2.0.0 rc1 released, includes multi account support
From:       Mark Ziegler <mark.ziegler () rakekniven ! de>
Date:       2015-08-18 16:59:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Am 18.08.15 um 18:11 schrieb Daniel Molkentin:
> [...]
>
> Downloads for Windows, Mac OS X and multiple Linux distributions can
> be found at https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development. For
> those of you who want to give 2.0 a try, but do not wish to replace
> their stable ownCloud client with a pre-release version, we offer a
> special "Testpilot" version which you can use next to your production
> instance, and will not interfere with the syncing of your production
> ownCloud client.
>
> Compared to beta1, these are the most significant changes:
>
>   * UX improvements (for the multi account UI)
>   * Introduce [...] button in account view
>   * Accessibility improvements (high contrast schemes)
>   * Don't show redundant directory entries in activity log
>   * Improve SSL button reliability (work around Qt bug)
>   * Remove deleted accounts properly from toolbar
>   * File manager integration: Show hidden files as ignored
>   * Ignoring hidden files: Fix glitches when migrating from 1.8
>   * Show wizard when last account was deleted
>
> More highlights are listed in the ChangeLog below:
>
>   * Add support for multiple accounts (#3084)
>   * Do not sync down new big folders from server without users consent
> (#3148)
>   * Integrate Selective Sync into the default UI
>   * OS X: Support native finder integration for 10.10 Yosemite (#2340)
>   * Fix situation where client would not reconnect after timeout (#2321)
>   * Use SI units for the file sizes
>   * Improve progress reporting during sync (better estimations, show
> all files, show all bandwidth)
>   * Windows: Support paths >255 characters (#57) by using Windows API
> instead of POSIX API
>   * Windows, OS X: Allow to not sync hidden files (#2086)
>   * OS X: Show file name in UI if file has invalid UTF-8 in file name
>   * Sharing: Make use of Capability API (#3439)
>   * Sharing: Do not allow sharing the root folder (#3495)
>   * Sharing: Show thumbnail
>   * Client Updater: Check for updates periodically, not only once per
> run (#3044)
>   * Windows: Remove misleading option to remove sync data (#3461)
>   * Windows: Do not provoke AD account locking if password changes (#2186)
>   * Windows: Fix installer when installing unprivileged (#2616, #2568)
>   * Quota: Only refresh from server when UI is shown
>   * SSL Button: Show more information
>   * owncloudcmd: Fix --httpproxy (#3465)
>   * System proxy: Ask user for credentials if needed
>   * Several fixes and performance improvements in the sync engine
>   * Network: Try to use SSL session tickets/identifiers. Check the SSL
> button to see if they are used.
>   * Bandwidth Throttling: Provide automatic limit setting for
> downloads (#3084)
>
> Cheers,
>   Daniel
>
> (for the ownCloud Desktop client team)
> --
> www.owncloud.com  - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!
>
> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff
> Schloßäckerstrasse 26a, 90443 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)

Hello desktop team,

thank you for your continuous development of our beloved client.
What a huge changelog. Will give it a try tomorrow.

Cheers,
Mark

--
	Doch der den Augenblick ergreift, das ist der rechte Mann.
		(Goethe, Faust)

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      Molkentin:<br>
        charset=windows-1252">
      Hi,<br>
      we have just released the first (and hopefully final) release
      candidate for ownCloud 2.0.0.<br>
      Downloads for Windows, Mac OS X and multiple Linux distributions
      can be found at <a moz-do-not-send="true"
        class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
        href="https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development">https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development</a>.
  For those of you who want to give 2.0 a try, but do not wish to
      replace their stable ownCloud client with a pre-release version,
      we offer a special "Testpilot" version which you can use next to
      your production instance, and will not interfere with the syncing
      of your production ownCloud client.<br>
      Compared to beta1, these are the most significant changes:<br>
        charset=windows-1252">
        * UX improvements (for the multi account UI)<br>
        * Introduce [...] button in account view<br>
        * Accessibility improvements (high contrast schemes)<br>
        * Don't show redundant directory entries in activity log<br>
        * Improve SSL button reliability (work around Qt bug)<br>
        * Remove deleted accounts properly from toolbar<br>
        * File manager integration: Show hidden files as ignored <br>
        * Ignoring hidden files: Fix glitches when migrating from 1.8<br>
        * Show wizard when last account was deleted<br>
      More highlights are listed in the ChangeLog below:<br>
        * Add support for multiple accounts (#3084)<br>
        * Do not sync down new big folders from server without users
      consent (#3148)<br>
        * Integrate Selective Sync into the default UI<br>
        * OS X: Support native finder integration for 10.10 Yosemite
      (#2340)<br>
        * Fix situation where client would not reconnect after timeout
      (#2321)<br>
        * Use SI units for the file sizes<br>
        * Improve progress reporting during sync (better estimations,
      show all files, show all bandwidth)<br>
        * Windows: Support paths &gt;255 characters (#57) by using
      Windows API instead of POSIX API<br>
        * Windows, OS X: Allow to not sync hidden files (#2086)<br>
        * OS X: Show file name in UI if file has invalid UTF-8 in file
      name<br>
        * Sharing: Make use of Capability API (#3439)<br>
        * Sharing: Do not allow sharing the root folder (#3495)<br>
        * Sharing: Show thumbnail<br>
        * Client Updater: Check for updates periodically, not only once
      per run (#3044)<br>
        * Windows: Remove misleading option to remove sync data (#3461)<br>
        * Windows: Do not provoke AD account locking if password changes
      (#2186)<br>
        * Windows: Fix installer when installing unprivileged (#2616,
      #2568)<br>
        * Quota: Only refresh from server when UI is shown<br>
        * SSL Button: Show more information<br>
        * owncloudcmd: Fix --httpproxy (#3465)<br>
        * System proxy: Ask user for credentials if needed<br>
        * Several fixes and performance improvements in the sync engine<br>
        * Network: Try to use SSL session tickets/identifiers. Check the
      SSL button to see if they are used.<br>
        * Bandwidth Throttling: Provide automatic limit setting for
      downloads (#3084)<br>
      Cheers,<br>
        Daniel<br>
      (for the ownCloud Desktop client team)<br>
      <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
<a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" \
href="http://www.owncloud.com">www.owncloud.com</a> - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your \
Way!

Schloßäckerstrasse 26a, 90443 Nürnberg, HRB 28050 (AG Nürnberg)</pre>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
User mailing list
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" \
href="mailto:User@owncloud.org">User@owncloud.org</a> <a \
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user">http://mailman.owncloud.org/mailman/listinfo/user</a>
 </pre>
    Hello desktop team, <br>
    thank you for your continuous development of our beloved client.<br>
    What a huge changelog. Will give it a try tomorrow.<br>
    Cheers,<br>
    Mark<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
	Doch der den Augenblick ergreift, das ist der rechte Mann.
		(Goethe, Faust)</pre>