List:       owncloud
Subject:    Re: [owncloud-user] Building a Viable alternative to Google
From:       "Pablo Owncloud" <pb.owncloud () berdaguermontes ! eu>
Date:       2015-06-22 11:35:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

It's possible to get almost everything running on a RPI, although I'd recommend an \
RPI2 (the multicore one).

I do have something like that working at home:

1) mail: with postfix and dovecot. I run K9 mail on my phone (it suppeorts imap-push, \
to receive push mail like gmail) 2) Docs, owncloud docs work pretty well online. I \
don't use the sync client but I guess you could use that to edit offline with any odf \
editor. 3) reminders... I use OC calendar to sync with my phone to get notified of \
events. I share a calendar with my wife I have a private one. 4) There's a tasks app \
that you can sync with your phone. But I don't use that. 5) contacts is the same \
setup as with calendars in 3. 6) calendars... Mmm... Maybe I don't know what tou mean \
by reminders. So, here is the same as 3. 7) I'm still working on this one. I use \
prosody as xmpp server, ojsxc as client in owncloud (it supports WebRTC video calls \
but it's not flawless and I could never bridge between ip4 and ip6 participants). And \
I can't find a compatible app for the phone. Jappix is another xmpp client that \
supports webrtc calls but I have the same problems I have with ojsxc.

8? I also have a diaspora* pod to replace G+ or FB.

Everything is running on a BananaPi. It has a 2 core cpu and 1G Ram.

If you want I can help you set this up on your rpi, but its not very easy. It's not \
                scary complicated either... I think it just takes time to get \
                everything working.
--
Pablo