List:       owncloud
Subject:    [owncloud-user] Update issues with oc 8
From:       Mark Ziegler <mark.ziegler () rakekniven ! de>
Date:       2015-02-10 14:45:02

Hello all,

thanks for releasing oc 8 yesterday.
Gave it a try on a test system and really like it. Specially the growing
admin settings are well done IMHO.

But now the dark side of the release ...
Personally I spent more than 5 hours since yesterday noon to help users
with upgrade issues.

We have a subforum for 8. series.
It is full of problems: https://forum.owncloud.org/viewforum.php?f=31
Biggest issues are "white screens" and missing calendar and contact apps.
What is the official way to upgrade from 7.x to 8 and get named apps
back to live?

Dear devs:
Please take a break from coding and have a look there for some minutes.
Your help is appreciated!

For german speaking people:
Ich habe mich sehr im heise-Forum engagiert um zu helfen und um objektiv
den Standpunkt von ownCloud zu vertreten bwz. Infos zu pauschalem
Geblubber zu geben. Das ist harte Arbeit und ownCloud hat bei vielen
aufgrund der Updateprobleme einen harten Stand.
Wer mal reinschauen will:
http://www.heise.de/open/news/foren/S-OwnCloud-8-erleichtert-Zusammenarbeit-mehrerer-Cloud-Server/forum-291962/list/

Does anybody knows a link or a good statement about app changes
(calender, contact) in ownCloud 8?
I would happily using it in our forums and anywhere else.

Thanks for reading,
Mark (from the forums)

--
	Kindergeschrei ist die Musik der Zukunft