List:       owncloud
Subject:    [owncloud-user] sharing a folder link is not there (for some folders)
From:       Christian Krützfeldt <christian () balticfinance ! com>
Date:       2014-08-21 7:45:39

Hi List,

I'm having the following problem and I'm not sure if I'm doing something
wrong or if this is a bug.

I recently updated to version 7.0.1 (from version 6) and most things
seem to work except some sharing options. Using My SQL and PHP 5.5.9

As a user I have the following folder structure

FolderA
+ Sub Folder 1
+ Sub Folder 2

In the past with version 6 I shared "FolderA" and separately "Sub Folder
1" and "Sub Folder 2" with different people.
The shares work fine and are listed under "Shared with others" where I
can also change them.

However in the "All files" view at /index.php/apps/files/?dir=%2FFolderA
there is no Shared link (to the left of the Size column). The one that I
can click on to modify the shares or add new ones.

I have some folders where the "Shared/Share" link is present and some
folders where it isn't. I haven't figured any rules on when it is there
and when it isn't.

Is this a bug or do I need to change a setting to see the links always?

Christian