List:       owncloud
Subject:    [owncloud-user] OwnCloud periodically resetting it's "set" config to default/installation config
From:       Aubrey Hewes <aubrey () hewes ! org ! uk>
Date:       2014-07-19 0:55:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Every now and again an owncloud instance is resetting itself; Resetting the
config.php to default.

The instance config.php is resetting to "default" config.php
 * Not allowing owncloud to overwrite the file; fails owncloud
 * So the file needs to be writable; though every now again rewrites itself
to defaults (allowing nosql installation)

I have a script to check and fix this every day.. though am intrigued as to
where the reset comes from?

Generally it is the beginning of the month; early in the morning (when
clients win/osx (no lux)) connect. After first connection of the day the
config is reset to "default" and breaks the owncloud cloud.

How to fix this / anyone else had this problem ? Is it a version problem?
(instances were running ubuntu 13 for at least a year; though with the
latest stable owncloud version; last month updated and still had the same
problem). Now updated containers to u14 and the latest (apt) owncloud
version; though will keep the cron check going till I know where the config
reset comes from...

I sold it as network problems; in effect wtf.. (unknown problem/hack is
resetting the config?) am intrigued

Thanks, Aubrey