List:       owncloud
Subject:    Re: [Owncloud] [News-iOS-App] App Store Reviews
From:       Martin Weil <admin () postia ! de>
Date:       2014-01-23 9:37:03

After you mentioned the app on the list I started using it regularly.

Basically I am content with it, but I have some suggestions for improvement:

1. Sometimes I try to read all articles and when I am finished, I notice th=
ere is one article left unread, but I don=92t know exactly where. It is qui=
te cumbersome to scroll down to find it. Especially because unread articles=
 are not as clearly to see as for example unread Mails.

In my view there are two possibilities to solve this. I would probably appr=
eciate both:
- Add a new feed/section for unread news articles, similar to the =84All Ar=
ticles=93 feed, just containing unread articles.
- Show the unread articles at the top of each feed, regardless of the date.=
 Maybe add this as an option in the settings.

2. I indeed had some crashes, I will try to get the crash reports and send =
them to you seperatly.

3. Sometimes the navigation of the app is quite awkward. I can not really t=
ell you what exactly I mean, but it just doesn=92t feel apple like. I am al=
most positive that apple has guidelines for this. Maybe have a look at the =
apple interface guidelines or similar. Some examples below.
- On my iPad mini in landscape mode, as soon as I select a feed, the feed l=
ist disappears, and the feed is shown fullscreen. But the feed does not act=
ually take the whole screen. In my opinion it would be better to not hide t=
he feed list (on the iPad).
- Sometimes there are hints for other screens shown at the left and/or righ=
t edge of the screen. It helped me at first to understand that I can get ot=
her screens by swiping, but now they just take away space, and sometimes I =
do not understand when they appear and when they don=92t.

4. I had some problems connecting to my server, there was a 401 error repor=
ted by the app. Interestingly this happened at the same time on my iPad and=
 iPhone. A reload did not solve the problem. My server checked out ok. So I=
 looked at the server setting page in the app and pressed connect there onc=
e. Then it worked again. Had to do this on both devices.

I think that=92s it for now. I hope this will help you make this app even b=
etter.
Martin

Am 10.01.2014 um 20:27 schrieb Peter Hedlund <peter@peterandlinda.com>:

> =

> On Jan 10, 2014, at 10:06 AM, Jan Giebels <listen@giebels.biz> wrote:
> =

>> addable
> =

> Adding feeds has always been possible (from the gear menu). Please descri=
be what is not working. Note that address parsing is done by the server and=
 sometimes a complete URL is needed.