List:       owncloud
Subject:    [Owncloud] file and folder scan
From:       Vieri <rentorbuy () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2013-08-14 12:24:53

Hi,

When a user mounts an SMB share with "lots" of files, owncloud takes "forever" to \
load (eventually I get to list the files on screen - web UI).

The call to apps/files/ajax/scan.php seems to be really long, even with force=false.
How can I speed things up?
There aren't too many folders and files at the top level of the smb share, but there \
are quite a few recursively down the other subfolders. Can't I configure owncloud to \
just scan the top level? Or is that already the case?

Thanks

Vieri