List:       owncloud
Subject:    [Owncloud] Repeating Events Caching
From:       Georg Ehrke <ownclouddev () georgswebsite ! de>
Date:       2012-06-12 14:13:38

Hi all,
my work on repeating events caching is nearly done. =

It's currently in the branch calendar_repeat.

It caches the occurrences of repeating events.
If you have some recurring events in ownCloud starting some years ago, it c=
an take up to several minutes to generate them.
With repeating events caching the events will be cached for the current yea=
r =B1 5 years.
This will highly improve the performance of the calendar app and the loadin=
g of the occurrences will take nearly less than one second.

I would appreciate feedback and some help testing this new feature.

If no one reports huge problems until Wednesday (6/20/2012) i will merge it=
 into master.

Cheers, =

Georg Ehrke