List:       owncloud
Subject:    Re: [Owncloud] basKet and ownCloud
From:       Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-12-26 12:02:58

On 26.12.2011, at 12:06, Alessandro Cosentino wrote:

> Hi,
> I was using BasKet, a very nice note taking app of KDE, and I felt the
> need of synchronizing my notes with the ones on my office computer.
> Is there some easy way to do this by using basKet + ownCloud? I have
> already tried to set the ownCloud network folder (via webdav) as the
> folder where the baskets are collected and it didn't work.
> =

> I found something regarding synchronization basKet at the bottom
> section of the following page:
> http://basket.kde.org/roadmap.php
> The section's title is: Sync Using the BasKet Sharing Server.
> It seems no one is taking care of that part of the project and I think
> it would be a good idea to adopt it under the ownCloud umbrella.
> What do you think?

Hi,

I=B4m not familiar with the basKet internals.
But I see two possible ways to do this from an ownCloud perspective. =

basKet could store files with notes in a folder which is synced with ownClo=
ud.
This has the advantage that you can also access and edit the notes with the=
 ownCloud ACE editor as long as there are normal text files.

The other option for basKet is to use the ownCloud key/value storage. This =
requires to use the libattica and the OCS api to store data in ownCloud. Th=
is has to be implemented in ownCloud of course.

I=B4m don=B4t know what the best option is. This is something the basKet de=
veloper have to answer.

Cheers
Frank

Frank Karlitschek