List:       owfs-developers
Subject:    Re: [Owfs-developers] bus interface statistics
From:       Jan Kandziora <jjj () gmx ! de>
Date:       2019-07-14 17:03:39

Am 13.07.19 um 22:36 schrieb Mick Sulley:

> One other thought, I have separate power supplies for 1-wire and the
> Pi.   Can I just power cycle the 1-wire adapter and leave the Pi running?

It's only ever neccessary to power-cycle the DS2482-800.

I found a problem related to spurious bus shorts and the DS2482-800 just
a few days ago in a customer's equipment. Power-cycling the DS2482-800
fixed it each time.

So I kept plugging in iButton locks and keys until I had the culprit
which put the DS2482-800 into coma. Replaced it – all ok now.

(Note: Some types of iButton locks are prone to short-circuit. The
DS2482-800 does not like it at all.)

Kind regards

	Jan