List:       owfs-developers
Subject:    [Owfs-developers] DS2483/DS2482 python help
From:       Colin Reese <colin.reese () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-06-23 23:21:13

Hello all,

This a bit of a hail mary, and not 100% germane to the group, but I
figured that at least a few of you here may have enough relevant
knowledge to point me somewhere helpful.

I am attempting to communicate with a DS2483 bus master from an ESP32
using micropython, and having some difficulty at early stages.
Specifically, I seem to always return a status register that says that
the bus is busy, there are devices present, and sometimes that there is
a bus short (status bytes of 0x1f and 0x1b).

If anybody can provide any input or resources on hunting this down (or
test code for a Pi, using SMBus or otherwise), or ideas on how to better
implement this (by porting C directly for example), I would be
infinitely grateful. Please feel free to contact me off-list.

Kind regards,
Colin