List:       owfs-developers
Subject:    Re: [Owfs-developers] Building OWFS on Archlinux
From:       Clive Bull <clive () bullzone ! co ! nz>
Date:       2015-01-17 23:28:16

I did this build to enable USB support back on 2.9p1 in June 2013. It still
works and I've just had to recopy the 2.9p1 build back into /usr/bin because
I reinstalled owfs from AUR by mistake after striking the issues described
in this thread.

To background and auto load at boot, I created a new systemd service called
owfs.service and put that in /usr/lib/system.d/system/ and soft linked that
to /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/

There's probably some systemd CLI stuff to set this up but I've forgotten
how I did it. Check out a systemd howto to figure it out if you need.
Anyway, the above is the result.

owfs.conf contains:

[Unit]
Description=filesystem component of the OWFS 1-wire bus control system

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/bin/owfs --allow_other -u -m /mnt/1wire
ExecStop=/bin/kill -s HUP $MAINPID

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target