List:       owfs-developers
Subject:    Re: [Owfs-developers] Debian packages ready
From:       Vincent Danjean <vdanjean.proj () free ! fr>
Date:       2011-04-07 8:58:03

On 06/04/2011 21:15, Iztok Jeras wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> I just uploaded your package to my Ubuntu PPA (only the distribution
> was changed), but is is not compiled yet. I will test it later.
> https://launchpad.net/~iztok.jeras/+archive/ppa
>
> I would suggest putting owfs into the Electronics group instead of
> Misc, but I am not sure if it fits there.

It will be better than misc. Thanks for the idea.

> Regarding tools used in the package, are quilt and autotools_dev
> really used in the package. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I only
> have experience with a few simple packages.

quilt is really used. The dependency can be avoid with newer dpkg (sources
v3) but it is easier to let it here in case of backporting.

autotools_dev is also used to update config.{sub,guess} automatically. This
ensure easiest maintenance when a new architecture (arm plate-form, ...)
appears. Look at /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz for more
info.

  Regards,
    Vincent

> Regards,
> Iztok Jeras
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 23:20, Vincent Danjean <vdanjean.proj@free.fr> wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  I indent to upload my packages to the Debian distribution very soon.
>> I you want to test them before, please try them and report any problem/
>> missing information. See my signature below to find my repo (packages are
>> only compiled for amd64 for now)
>>
>>  Regards
>>    Vincent
>>
>> --
>> Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
>> GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87
>> Unofficial packages: http://moais.imag.fr/membres/vincent.danjean/deb.html
>> APT repo:  deb http://people.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main

Vincent Danjean                 Adresse: Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble
Téléphone:  +33 4 76 61 20 11            ENSIMAG - antenne de Montbonnot
Fax:        +33 4 76 61 20 99            ZIRST 51, avenue Jean Kuntzmann
Email: Vincent.Danjean@imag.fr           38330 Montbonnot Saint Martin