List:       owfs-developers
Subject:    Re: [Owfs-developers] ds9490, usb_bulk_read timeout on RH ES5
From:       "Jim Kusznir" <jkusznir () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-26 22:06:14

I am running OWFS on several CentOS5 boxes without any issues.  I was
using owfs from the various repos (I believe I was using rpmforge as
my repo).  That was working fine, except for DS2406 EPROM Write
support, so I now run SVN releases.  In either case, it is fine,
although requires tweaking udev to work as a non-root user.  If you
test as root and it still doesn't work, you've got other issues.

--Jim
SmartHome Lab Director
School of EECS, WSU