List:       owfs-developers
Subject:    [Owfs-developers] LinkHub-E debugging
From:       Marcus Babzien <babzien () bnl ! gov>
Date:       2007-07-11 19:50:54

I've been trying to get owfs to work with an iButton LinkHub-E without
success so far.  I'm using version 2.6p5 on a debian etch system.  No
problems noticed during installation or working previously with a
LinkHub serial adapter.  Also, I can telnet into the LinkHub-E and using
the ascii commands, I see the attached 1-wire devices, so the hardware
appears to be working.  Debugging output from owfs is:

#>  /opt/owfs/bin/owfs --error-level 9 --error-print 2 --LINK
hide.real.device.address:10001 /usr/local/data/owfs/
CONNECT: fuse mount point: /usr/local/data/owfs/
    CALL: PARSENAME path=[]
CONNECT: LinkE detect
CONNECT: Good preamble
CONNECT: TIMEOUT after 11 bytes
CONNECT: LINK_read (ethernet) error
CONNECT: Cannot open LINK-HUB-E adapter at hide.real.device.address:10001
   DEBUG: fuse_mnt_opt=[(null)]
   DEBUG: fuse_open_opt=[(null)]

Any changes I've made to the Xport configuration in the LinkHub cause
timeouts after 1 byte or refused connections.  Is there a standard
configuration owfs expects that differs from the factory defaults that
the LinkHub ships with?  Any suggestions for further debugging?