List:       owasp-webgoat
Subject:    OWASP Day : Worldwide OWASP chapter meetings on the topic "Privacy in
From:       "Dinis Cruz" <dinis () ddplus ! net>
Date:       2007-08-31 2:21:40

Hello, from the 5th till the 12th of September, there will be 17 OWASP
chapter meetings around the world as part of the Global Security
Week<http://www.globalsecurityweek.com/>).
The participating 19 chapters are:
Israel<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Israel>,London<https://www.owasp.org=
/index.php/London>,
NYNJMetro <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/NYNJMetro> , San
Antonio<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/San_Antonio>,
Seattle <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Seattle> ,
Phoenix<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Phoenix>, San
Jose <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/San_Jose> + San Francisco ,
Belgium<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Belgium>, Washington
DC <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Washington_DC> + Northern VA , Poland
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Poland>,
Mumbai<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Mumbai>,
Boston <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Boston> ,
Turkey<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Turkey>,
Rochester <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Rochester> ,
Italy<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Italy>,
Houston <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Houston> ,
Cleveland<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cleveland>

You can see more details about the presentations that will be delivered at
these events at the end of this email or at
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Day*

*If you are close to one of those FREE events, I would like to invite you t=
attend and actively participate  (If you are interested in doing a
presentation, the following chapters still have speaker slots available:
Rochester, Boston, Phoenix, Poland and Turkey)

If you are planning to attend, afterwards please send us feedback on the
event, specially if you feel that the OWASP values and brand guidelines hav=
been broken (see http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_brand_usage_rules). W=
at OWASP only want to host unbiased and vendor-indepenent presentations, so
if you see a 'marketing presentation' let us know ASAP (you (the OWASP
Chapter event attendees) are or eyes and ears))

I would also like to ask you to distribute this email to your colleagues an=
to personal media (TV, Journals, Web magazines) contacts who might also be
interested in attending (at the moment OWASP is having some problems in
achieving good media coverage for its events, and if you can help it would
be great). Thanks.

As always, I am here to help, so feel free to contact me directly.

Dinis Cruz

Chief OWASP Evangelist
http://www.owasp.org

OWASP Day (5th / 12th Sep): Global Agenda (19 Chapters participating)

   - *Wed 5th*
      - Israel <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Israel> (16:45 /
      19:30)
         - "Straight from Blackhat: Dangling Pointers" , Jonathan
         Afek , Watchfire
         - "Evasive Crimeware attacks, Business drivers, and
         Proposed Defense" , ftach Amit , Finjan
         - "Content Injection as a solution for client side browser
         vulnerabilities" , Ofer Shezaf , Breach Security (Israel
chapter Leader)
      - London <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/London> (18:30 /
      21:30)
         - "For my next trick... hacking Web2.0", Petko D. Petkov
         (pdp), GNUCITIZEN
         - Panel: "Privacy in the 21st Century?", moderator: Ivan
         Ristic
         - Panel: "Future of the OWASP London Chapter"

   - *Thu 6th*
      - NYNJMetro <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/NYNJMetro> (17:30 /
      21:00)
         - "Financial Real-Time Threats: Impacting Trading Floor
         Operations"
         - "JBroFuzz: Effective Fuzzing for Network and Web
         Applications" , Dr. Yiannis Pavlosoglou , Information Risk Managem=
ent
         - "Stock fluctuation from an unrecognized influence" ,
         Justine Bone-Aitel , Immunity Security
         - "Hackers...BotNets oh My! Obtain a briefing on the
         current BotNet investigations etc.", NYC FBI Cyber Crime Unit
         - "Why today's vulnerability assessments are failing and a
         case for industry standardization"
         - "Blackhat/Defcon", Tom Brennan (President OWASP NY/NJ
         Metro)
         - Panel: "Global Security Week What is the current state
         of Privacy on Web Application Security? What should we be
focusing on?"
      - Belgium <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Belgium> (12:30 /
      19:30)
         - pre-event: "Getting started with WebGoat & WebScarab"
         ,Erwin Geirnaert , ZION Security
         - "OWASP Evaluation and Certification Criteria Draft" ,
         Mark Curphey (OWASP founder)
         - "Automated Web FOO or FUD?" , David Kierznowski,
         GNUCITIZEN
         - "OWASP Pantera Unleashed" , Simon Roses Femerling ,
         Microsoft
         - "CLASP, SDL and Touchpoints Compared" , Bart De Win,
         DistriNet research group
         - "Threats of e-insecurity in Belgium and the Belgian
         response" , Luc Beirens, FCCU
         - "For my next trick... hacking Web2.0 (pdp)" , Petko D.
         Petkov (pdp), GNUCITIZEN
         - "Panel Discussion: "Privacy in the 21st Century?",
         moderator: Andr=E9 Marien , Verizon Business - Cybertrust
      - Washington DC <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Washington_DC>+
Northern VA (13:00 / 18:15)
         - "Honeyclients and Malicious Web Servers" , Kathy Wang ,
         Mitre
         - "A malcode perspective on web application privacy" Blake
         Hartstein , iDefense
         - "Practical Web Privacy with Firefox" , Chuck Willis ,
         Mandiant
         - "A sneak peak at Jeff's new "Enterprise Security API" ,
         Jeff Williams , Aspect Security (OWASP board member & Chairman)
         - "Digital Rights Management" , James Stibbards ,
         Cloakware
      - San Antonio
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/San_Antonio>(11:30 / 13:00)
         - "Developing an Application Security Strategy for Large
         Enterprise Systems" , Bruce Jenkins, Fortify Software
      - Seattle <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Seattle> (18:00 /
      21:00)
         - "Online Banking" , Rob Rachwald , Fortify
         - "Web Hacking 101", Damon Cortesi , IOActive
      - San Jose <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/San_Jose> + San
      Francisco (17:00 / 20:30)
         - Workshop: "Malicious Code Injection Workshop" , Siva Ram
         , AppSec Consulting ; Arian Evans ,WhiteHat Security
         - Panel: "Privacy, Security and Breaches, Oh My!",
         moderator: Alex Stamos, iSEC Partners ; Panelists: Doran
Rotman, KPMG ;
         David Pollino, Washington Mutual Bank ; Robert Fly,
         Salesforce.com ; Larry Pingree, Safeway ; Kurt Opsahl, EFF

      - Mumbai <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Mumbai> (14:30 /
      18:00)
         - "Black Vector of Web Exploitation" , Aditya Sood , Sec
         Niche
         - "End User Privacy Breaches" Rishi Narang , ThirdBrigade"

         - "Privacy on the Web - The road ahead in the 21st
         century" , Yogesh Badwe , GTL
      - Phoenix <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Phoenix>
         - TBA
      - Poland <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Poland>
         - TBA
      - Boston <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Boston>
         - TBA

   - *Sat 8th*
      - Turkey <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Turkey>
         - TBA

   - *Mon 10th*
      - Italy <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Italy> (9:00 / 13:30)
         - "Privacy in the digital era" , Mauro Bregolin , KIMA
         Projects & Services
         - "OWASP Top 10 2007 - Are our information 'really' safe?"
         , Carlo Pelliccioni , MediaService
         - "Anti-Anti-XSS: bypass browser protections" , Alberto
         Revelli , Portcullis
         - "Growing Application Security Awareness" , Laurent
         Petroque , F5
         - "Buzzwords Security" , Luca Carettoni , SecureNetwork
         - "Hacker Attacks on the Horizon: Understanding the Top
         Web 2.0 Attack Vectors" , Danny Allan , Watchfire
      - Rochester <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Rochester>
         - TBA

   - *Mon 12th*
      - Houston <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Houston> (17:30 /
      19:30)
         - "Enhancing Application Security with Bytecode
         Instrumentation" , Patrick White , Fortify Software
      - Cleveland <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Cleveland>
         - "The new OWASP Top Ten."

*
*