List:       owasp-dotnet
Subject:    [Owasp-dotnet] Unless ALL hosted websites run in partial trust then I can't see how this improves se
From:       "Dinis Cruz" <dinis () ddplus ! net>
Date:       2005-10-27 6:00:51

(just posted here: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/10/15/427581.aspx)

"...If ISPs continue to host their client's asp.net websites in full trust, then I \
can't see how this improves security.

 That said, I am quite interrested in this "deep clean" check and see what is your \
current definition of 'malicious things'.

 Most hosters don't care about security and as long as the rate of attacks doesn't \
increase, they are happy to provide their clients Full Trust Asp.Net environments \
which have NO REAL security and are easy to compromize.

 Dinis Cruz
 .Net Security Consultant
 Owasp .Net Project Leader ..."