List:       owasp-dotnet
Subject:    [Owasp-dotnet] Automatic Update Application
From:       "Phillip Haydon" <naturalcause () orcon ! net ! nz>
Date:       2005-09-16 9:10:07

Hello people.

I've developed a new website for the company I work for, (Which happens to
be related to porn since Vixen is the center of New Zealand's porn
industry) Basically the website is an on-line adult shop. Vixen doesn't
want to deal with having a web server and so we have another company
hosting the website, however our in-house system stores our products.

Because they have 1000's of products its tedious to manually update the
prices and quantities. The previous website had an application on another
server at the web-host which would start every 4 hours and hook into MYOB
grab the pricing and quantities and update the sql server database at the
host.

However the web host is shit, not only is the old site poorly designed,
coded and only work in IE, the company is too hard to work with and makes
updating or redeveloping of the website hard.

My problem is I've only ever done web development, I've never made an
application. I've surfed the net and cannot find anything which is even
the slightest bit helpful. Does anyone know of any tutorials or can even
help me develop an application to sit on an application server which will
automatically hook into a server at another IP, log into MYOB, collect the
required data, and update the correct entires in the database on the
web-server.

Anyhelp would be great.

Thank you,

Phillip