List:       outages-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Outages-discussion] Cogent - ABQ
From:       Gert Doering via Outages-discussion <outages-discussion () outages ! org>
Date:       2022-12-08 21:48:26

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 08, 2022 at 03:28:28PM -0500, Jay Ashworth via Outages-discussion wrote:
> Everybody that thinks moving the entire us telephony backbone off of PCM to IP may \
> need to think again. Sadly, we may have destroyed it all by then.

Yeah.  Same for Germany.

And the Incumbent keeps bragging on how much electricity they are now
saving, not having to run a POTS/ISDN network anymore.

Which, of course is cheating, as customers now need to pay for the
electricity used by the local VoIP/DSL router...

gert

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de