List:       outages-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Outages-discussion] Cogent disconnecting Russia
From:       Charles Sprickman <spork () bway ! net>
Date:       2022-03-05 0:28:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> On Mar 4, 2022, at 6:48 PM, Bill Woodcock <woody@pch.net> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
> Rudolf just pointed out that someone at Cogent probably looked at the ruble \
> exchange rate and realized that if they don't cut Russian customers off now, \
> they're just going to have to do it at the end of the month, and then they're going \
> to have a loss on their books.
> https://twitter.com/internetthought/status/1499795346804858888?s=20&t=FDPYNLMo67tzlcn2pxcBVQ
>
> It's always refreshing to me to be reminded that there's someone who looks at \
> telcos with even less rosy glasses than mine!  :-)

I think he's spot on…

And given some of their past reputation for hosting total garbage customers and being \
not-so-responsive on the abuse front, the bit in the WaPo piece about them ‘wanting \
to not be a conduit for russian cyberattacks' gave me a real chuckle.

Charles

> -Bill

["signature.asc" (signature.asc)]