List:       outages-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Outages-discussion] [EXTERNAL] Re: [outages] r/wallstreetbets down
From:       "Chapman, Brad (NBCUniversal)" <Brad.Chapman () nbcuni ! com>
Date:       2021-01-28 1:56:14

This morning there was an article published in Bloomberg entitled "Flows Before \
Pros."  It served to highlight the strategy employed by "retail traders" using \
RobinHood and coördinating via /r/WallStreetBets.  A few people made millions.  Many \
have lost thousands, and some their entire life savings.   Frankly, I think the \
activity warrants heightened scrutiny by the SEC.

Anyway, the subreddit is public again with a new scrolling banner of a beatified \
Jerome Powell.  The previous banner, a cartoon rainbow phallus, was decidedly not \
safe for work (or Bloomberg readers).

—Sent from my iPhone