List:       outages-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Outages-discussion] [outages] COX TLS/SSL Connections
From:       Jeremy Chadwick <jdc () koitsu ! org>
Date:       2018-11-08 23:38:00

How did you determine "it" is "mangling the dst/src ports"?

This honestly sounds like a case of a layer 7 DPI device (ex. Sandvine)
being misconfigured or doing something Incredibly Stupid(tm).  The term
"mangle" implies some form of rewriting, which those devices usually do
not do (they aren't NAT-like); they can certainly block/drop/blackhole
packets, however.

This is all speculative, BTW (re: assuming there is such a device in the
network path).