List:       outages
Subject:    [outages] Level3 / CenturyLink fiber cut - Jackson, MS
From:       Ben Bartsch via Outages <outages () outages ! org>
Date:       2018-02-16 14:37:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

We lost an internet circuit that lands in Jackson, MS around 10:45pm CST on
Thursday 02/15.  Apparently two cables were hit just outside Jackson.  The
latest update we got from L3/CL is as follows:

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 16-Feb-2018 14:12:40 GMT From CASE: xxxxxxx -
Event
It was advised that a 168 and 96 count fibers were fully cut. It was
miscommunicated that the cause was a rodent when the damage was confirmed
to have been caused by construction. A splice team is onsite however no
ETTR remains available at this time.