List:       ossec-list
Subject:    [ossec-list] every minute a new ossec-execd process
From:       Stefan Fuhrmann <stefan () fuhrmann ! homedns ! org>
Date:       2019-09-22 19:04:07

Hello all,

Im running ossec 3.3 from source with a "local" installation on ubuntu
18.04.

Since some days ossec generates a new process every minute and I dont
know why.

I looked to active-response log, alerts and ossec log but can not find a
hint what can cause this.

I did a reinstall from fresh source, same. Running exec with -d but
nothing was told...

Stopping ossec runs but after a min the ossec-execd is alive again. Why?

Are there any events that ossec start a new execd?

Can someone help?

Tia

Stefan

--