List:       ossec-list
Subject:    Re: [ossec-list] Wazuh OSSEC to external Splunk
From:       Husnain Bustam <habbdt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-02-27 16:37:29

Brandon,
Can you please check whether the Splunk user has read access to the
`/var/ossec/logs/alerts/alerts.json`. This was the reason for me why the
data from Wazuh manager to external index was not forwarding. I added spunk
user to the ossec group. After that it started working.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

 # ls -l /var/ossec/logs/alerts/alerts.json
-rw-r----- 2 ossec ossec 13661196 Feb 27 11:29
/var/ossec/logs/alerts/alerts.json

# groups splunk
splunk : splunk ossec

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 10:12 AM 'Brandon' via ossec-list <
ossec-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Has anyone successfully gotten Wazuh OSSEC data to an external instance of
> Splunk?  Our Splunk admin is following the guide and we're having issues
> getting the logs to go into it.  The app is configured and it'showing the
> agents in there, but the data is not passing.  They had asked Splunk but
> they were not much help and there was a thread asking for understanding of
> instructions but no answer (
> https://answers.splunk.com/answers/681036/how-to-configure-the-wazuh-app-to-get-data-into-sp.html
>  ).
>
> Thanks in advance,