List:       ossec-list
Subject:    RE: [ossec-list] ADDING NEW AGENTS IN OSSEC INSTALATION IN LOCAL MODE
From:       "dan (ddp)" <ddpbsd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-07-21 22:39:41

On Jul 21, 2016 6:35 PM, "Adiel Navarro" <adiel.navarro@mail.telcel.com>
wrote:

> I found this in the  google group.
>

> What do you think about this?

I've never tried it. Give it a shot, see what happens.

> file /var/ossec/bin/ossec-control,  modified next lines:
>

> DAEMONS="ossec-monitord ossec-logcollector ossec-remoted ossec-syscheckd
ossec-analysisd ossec-maild ossec-execd ${DB_DAEMON} ${CSYSLOG_DAEMON}
${AGENTLESS_DAEMON}"

> SDAEMONS="${DB_DAEMON} ${CSYSLOG_DAEMON} ${AGENTLESS_DAEMON} ossec-maild
ossec-execd ossec-analysisd ossec-logcollector ossec-syscheckd
ossec-monitord ossec-remoted"

> And on file /var/ossec/etc/ossec.conf, added next lines:
>

> <remote>
>

> <connection>secure</connection>
>

> </remote>

MODE

> On Jul 21, 2016 6:17 PM, "Aj Navarro" <ajnavarro1328@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Im installing OSSEC in LOCAL MODE and i have interesting to adding new
agents.

> > How can i do it if the OSSEC Server is in LOCAL MODE?
> > How can i change OSSEC LOCAL MODE to OSSEC SERVER MODE?
> > Its neccesary reinstalling OSSEC in SERVER MODE?
> >

> I haven't tried this:
> Backup anything you want to make sure you don't lose, and rerun
install.sh. Then don't do and upgrade and don't delete the install dir.

> > --
> >
> > ---
>
> --
>
> ---