List:       ossec-list
Subject:    Re: [ossec-list] segfault on Ossec_remoted
From:       "dan (ddp)" <ddpbsd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-09-26 13:57:27

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 1:45 AM, SUBIND K <subind79k@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Team,
>

> We have installed and configured Ossec Server on RHEL 5.4
> Server here.  When we added remoted configuration for windows agent (secure
> connection on port 1514) on ossec server configuration file (ossec.conf),
> and restarted the Ossec Server, we are getting a segfault from ossec-remoted
> on /var/log/message and the remoted is getting crashed. I am attaching
> /var/log/message, ossec.conf & ossec.log for your reference. Kindly assist
> us for the solution for this error. Please feel free to contact us in case
> any clarification/logs.
>

> Note: we have installed the Ossec Server is on the path
> ‘/home/ossec/ossec_server/’.

allowed-ips is unnecessary in secure remoted configurations. I'd start
by removing that.

Next look into this:
ERROR: Unable to create merged file: '/etc/shared/merged.mg'.
I'd guess a permissions issue (which could be the real problem).

You can also run ossec-remoted in gdb to try and grab more detailed information.

gdb /var/ossec/bin/ossec-remoted
set follow-fork-mode child
run -df

When it crashes run: