List:       ossec-list
Subject:    Re: [ossec-list] UDP 514 receive queue unusually high
From:       Jeremy Lee <jplee3 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-17 19:38:13

Make sure there are no hardware firewall restrictions either. Do you have
ACLs setup? I had issues with this previously because OSSEC requires the
session state. If there are any firewall rules (software OR hardware). It's
probably best to allow all between the OSSEC server and agent(s) at least
temporarily for testing to see if that might be where the bottleneck is.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM, PECKENPAUGH, DEREK R <
drpeckenpaugh@oppd.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  No, the systems are the same, and the syslog
> software is the default installed.  I don't think we've got any software
> firewall issues, but I'll check further into that.  After restarting the
> syslog daemon it only took seconds to ramp up the queue again, and at the
> moment it's 10 times what it was before.
>
> __________________________________
> Derek R. Peckenpaugh
> Information Protection
> 636.2372

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

Make sure there are no hardware firewall restrictions either. Do you have ACLs setup? \
I had issues with this previously because OSSEC requires the session state. If there \
are any firewall rules (software OR hardware). It&#39;s probably best to allow all \
between the OSSEC server and agent(s) at least temporarily for testing to see if that \
Dec 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM, PECKENPAUGH, DEREK R <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:drpeckenpaugh@oppd.com">drpeckenpaugh@oppd.com</a>&gt;</span> \
wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, \
204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"> Thanks for the reply.   No, the \
systems are the same, and the syslog software is the default installed.   I don&#39;t \
think we&#39;ve got any software firewall issues, but I&#39;ll check further into \
that.   After restarting the syslog daemon it only took seconds to ramp up the queue \
again, and at the moment it&#39;s 10 times what it was before.<br>

Information Protection<br>
636.2372<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>