List:       ossec-list
Subject:    [ossec-list] Replay logs for email alerts
From:       simpsonlang <simpsonlang () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-22 13:00:08

Currently I have several OSSEC HIDS servers deployed but due to
limited bandwidth I can't enable the email alerting. Instead at a
quiet time during non-business hours I transfer the compressed alert
logs back to one location. Is it possible to pipe the logs through a
program so I can duplicate the email alerting? I see their is a
contrib perl script that does reporting but I would rather get the
more detailed email alerts that OSSEC normally sends.