List:       oss-security
Subject:    [oss-security] CVE-2023-37924: Apache Submarine: SQL injection from unauthorized login
From:       Xiang Chen <cdmikechen () apache ! org>
Date:       2023-11-22 0:15:24

Severity: critical

Affected versions:

- Apache Submarine 0.7.0 before 0.8.0

Apache Software Foundation Apache Submarine has an SQL injection vulnerability when a user logs \
in. This issue can result in unauthorized login. Now we have fixed this issue and now user must \
have the correct login to access workbench. This issue affects Apache Submarine: from 0.7.0 \
before 0.8.0.  We recommend that all submarine users with 0.7.0 upgrade to 0.8.0, which not \
only fixes the issue, supports the oidc authentication mode, but also removes the case of \
unauthenticated logins. If using the version lower than 0.8.0 and not want to upgrade, you can \
try cherry-pick PR  https://github.com/apache/submarine/pull/1037 \
https://github.com/apache/submarine/pull/1054  and rebuild the submarine-server image to fix \
this.

This issue is being tracked as SUBMARINE-1361

Credit:

lengjingqicai(棱镜七彩开源安全 究院) (reporter)