List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] [CVE-2022-44730] Apache Batik information disclosure vulnerability
From:       Moritz Bechler <mbechler () eenterphace ! org>
Date:       2023-08-22 21:21:47

Hi,

> CVE-2022-44730:
>          Apache Batik information disclosure vulnerability
>
> Severity:
>          Medium
>
> Vendor:
>          The Apache Software Foundation
>
> Versions Affected:
>          Batik 1.0 - 1.16

>          Switch to empty whitelist for rhino

And here the liked bug does not reference the appropriate commit, but
one in which the whitelist wasn't actually empty
(<https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1905011> would be
the more recent update). Putting java.lang.System on that list would
have been a pretty bad choice, so, good that that did not make it into
the release.

  I have the feeling that maybe Apache has a mail template that has
"information disclosure vulnerability" in the subject as an example, as
I have noticed in other cases that the subjects indicate information
disclosure when the issue really is something else.

Moritz