List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] CVE-2022-47501: Apache OFBiz: Arbitrary file reading vulnerability
From:       Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux () les7arts ! com>
Date:       2023-04-19 6:25:36

Hi Seth,

As I guess you know, the ASF has many (350+) projects: https://projects.apache.org/
OFBiz is only one of these projects. An "old" one, IIRW it was the 26th to get in.

I say that because we have our own security team.
Yet, all projects are overseen and especially helped by the ASF security team for security \
matter. In other words we (projects) all share the experience and expertise of the ASF security \
team.

So I must add that the ASF CVE tool has an optional REVIEW status.
This status allows the ASF security team to review and suggest improvements to the CVE \
announcement. As I did not use this tool before this CVE, I was sure of what I did (my old way) \
and did not pass by this status. If I had did so, the 2 points that you find "nice, and \
friendly" would have been amended by Arnout's review, lesson learned.

For the rest I guess your suggestions will be taken seriously by the ASF security team which \
maintain the CVE tool, especially for the OSS email part. I'll also take care of your \
suggestions for URLS, and will better use the tool that has 16 references types for URLS. \
Though they maybe need a bit of  explanation we are not all security experts :)

For the list of CVEs you gave, I'm not sure they used the CVE tool but If they did I guess next \
time it will be better thanks to our improving CVE  tool, hopefully by using the REVIEW status

Thanks again for your suggestions

Jacques