List:       oss-security
Subject:    [oss-security] CVE-2022-44635: Apache Fineract allowed an authenticated user to perform remote code
From:       Arnout Engelen <engelen () apache ! org>
Date:       2022-11-29 14:21:52

Severity: important

Apache Fineract allowed an authenticated user to perform remote code execution due to a path \
traversal vulnerability in a file upload component of Apache Fineract, allowing an attacker to \
run remote code.  This issue affects Apache Fineract version 1.8.0 and prior versions. We \
recommend users to upgrade to 1.8.1.

Credit:

We would like to thank  Aman Sapra, co-captain of the Super Guesser CTF team & Security \
researcher at CRED, for reporting this issue, and the Apache Security team for their \
assistance.  We give kudos and karma to @Aleksandar Vidakovic for resolving this CVE.