List:       oss-security
Subject:    [oss-security] ISC has disclosed a vulnerability in ISC DHCP (CVE-2021-25217)
From:       Michael McNally <mcnally () isc ! org>
Date:       2021-05-26 22:15:38

On May 26, 2021, we (Internet Systems Consortium) disclosed a
vulnerability affecting our ISC DHCP software:

    CVE-2021-25217: A buffer overrun in lease file parsing code can be
    used to exploit a common vulnerability shared by dhcpd and dhclient
    https://kb.isc.org/docs/cve-2021-25217

New versions of ISC DHCP are available from https://www.isc.org/downloads

Operators and package maintainers who prefer to apply patches selectively=
 can
find individual vulnerability-specific patches in the "patches" subdirect=
ory
of the release directories for our two stable release branches (4.4 and 4=
.1-ESV)

   https://downloads.isc.org/isc/dhcp/4.4.2-P1/patches
   https://downloads.isc.org/isc/dhcp/4.1-ESV-R16-P1/patches

With the public announcement of this vulnerability, the embargo
period is ended and any updated software packages that have been
prepared may be released.

--

Michael McNally
(for ISC Security Officer)