List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] Malicious commits to Linux kernel as part of university study
From:       r00t4dm <r00t4dm () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-04-22 17:46:15

Hello,

This case demonstrates that the possibility of a supply chain attack is
very high.
If the supply chain attack is sophisticated enough, this case may succeed.
e.g:

One day I committed some code, This code is a normal function.
After Five days, I committed some code, This code also is a normal function.

After three month, I committed it dozens of times,  But These committed
code together to form a vulnerability.
I don't know how to better guard against this kind of attack method,  Just
only rely on Human code review?

r00t4dm

Cloud-Penetrating Arrow Lab of Meituan Corp Information Security Department

Ariadne Conill <ariadne@dereferenced.org> 于2021年4月23日周五 上午1:23写道: