List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] Linux kernel: multiple vulnerabilities in the USB subsystem x2
From:       Greg KH <greg () kroah ! com>
Date:       2019-08-23 13:25:26

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 09:13:11PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Given this, I think fixing bugs that might lead to privilege
> escalation, even if they require physical connection of USB devices,
> does indeed seem reasonable.

No one has said anything about not fixing these bugs.  The Linux USB
developers have been spending a lot of time in the past weeks doing just
that, so please do not think that is an issue here.

Now the "mount a purposfully corrupted filesystem image" issues, that's
another story :)  CERT has a long-running thread with a number of kernel
developers about issues they have found in that area over the past
years, which has not lead to many fixes for various reasons :(

thanks,

greg k-h