List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] Security release pre-announcement messages
From:       Stiepan <stie () protonmail ! ch>
Date:       2019-07-26 12:59:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

Thank you for the details.

Which color, the pony ? ;)

Regarding the a bug is a bug rationale you are referring to, I don't discuss it and think that \
much progress has been made to treat the subset of those which are also security bugs, \
including the enlightening participation of Mr. Torvalds himself to this list. I wouldn't \
advocate cherry-picking bugfixes either, the Android examples you mention in your reference are \
a real nightmare indeed. My point is that we would have at any time the most secure available \
option. This would involve a system to switch among kernel versions when needed, eg when a \
"pure" security bug with high impact is identified and cannot be published yet, nor its fix, \
yet people could switch meanwhile to a safer, known kernel version. I hope that makes it \
clearer.

Cheers,
Stiepan

Envoyé depuis ProtonMail mobile