On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 15:42:58 +0200, Solar Designer wrot= e: > I don't view it as a present, but as us being reasonable. The rules > don't require the 1 year track record to be for Linux specifically... > So I suggest we subscribe "Microsoft Linux Systems Group" on August 8. I think that's entirely reasonable. Indeed, I think it'd be reasonable to = add them now. That said, ensuring that the "right sub-group" is added is appro= priate, since we want to ensure that people contact the correct group. Georgi Guninski: > ... The Halloween Documents are from 1998, which makes 21 years. That is a long time ago. People and companies change, and in this case there's good evidence that change has occurred. Forgiveness is a good idea, for both people and companies. Yes, companies have a profit motive, but that's not at all disqualifying. Besides, the beneficiaries of linux-distros work aren't just the distros; they also include the *users* of those distros. As noted in http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/mailing-lists/distros , the list is only "to report and discuss security issues that are not yet pu= blic (but that are to be made public very soon...)... It is intended that these lists be used primarily to provide actionable inf= ormation to multiple distribution vendors at once." This enables everyone to coordinate so that users get *fixes* when the issue becomes public, not just a problem the users can't deal with. In short, I support allowing the Microsoft Linux Systems Group to join linu= x-distros. --- David A. Wheeler=