List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] linux-distros membership application - Microsoft
From:       Greg KH <gregkh () linuxfoundation ! org>
Date:       2019-06-26 23:58:34

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 10:13:58AM -0400, Sasha Levin wrote:
> > 9. Have someone already on the private list, or at least someone else
> > who has been active on oss-security for years but is not affiliated
> > with your distro nor your organization, vouch for at least one of the
> > people requesting membership on behalf of your distro (then that one
> > vouched-for person will be able to vouch for others on your team, in
> > case you'd like multiple people subscribed)
>
> Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> would vouch for me
> (Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>).

To verify this, yes, I can vouch for Sasha.  He is a long-time kernel
developer and has been helping with the stable kernel releases for a few
years now, with full write permissions to the stable kernel trees.

I also suggested that Microsoft join linux-distros a year or so ago when
it became evident that they were becoming a Linux distro, and it is good
to see that they are now doing so.

thanks,

greg k-h